38 Personal Safety Tips That Could Save Your Life!
There are so many crimes occurring nowadays that it has become a common issue in society. So it is important for you to ensure your own safety. That is why we present you a list of personal safety tips which will help you to reduce the possibilities of becoming a crime victim. We also suggest you using your own judgment when the time comes.
- Inform someone about where you will be going, when you will return.
- Take a friend, you can always rely on your furry friends which will bark at strangers.
- Try to avoid roads where people are not available much.
- Take your cell phone and note the emergency number of that country and use it if there is anything suspicious going on.
- Think beforehand which road you will be taking.
- Try to concentrate on your surroundings and don’t use headphones, even if you use headphones, keep the volume low.
- Use a flashlight at night time walks.
- Use familiar areas as much as possible.
- Look calm so that it looks like you know where you are heading.
- Don’t ride with strangers.
- Keep self-defense devices.
- The car and house keys should be ready for an emergency.
- If there is someone following you, check out to confirm and run to the crowded places and make the running visible to everyone.
- When you are emotionally unstable or drunk, try to avoid walking alone.
- Don’t keep a large amount of money if it’s not necessary.
Driving and parking safety:
- Try to park in a place which is highly visible and has lights.
- Check if there is enough gas if you are traveling far.
- Try to use busy streets.
- Don’t give a lift to strangers.
- Keep the windows and doors always well locked.
- Carefully remember where you are parking your car.
- Always check your car if there is anything suspicious.
- If you think another car is following you, drive in main roads and inform the police.
- Avoid driving in isolated places, especially at night.
- Always keep your car in a good condition, so that is doesn’t stop working in an emergency.
- If anyone suspicious approach your car, honk the horn continuously.
- Use the peephole to see who knocked.
- If you don’t recognize someone, ask them before opening the door.
- Always keep the door and windows locked if you are going out.
- If you are living alone, always keep someone well trusted informed about your whereabouts and give them a house key.
- Keep keys well hidden.
- If you see windows or door locks are broken or anything suspicious, never enter the house alone and inform the police.
If you are attacked:
- Scream as hard as you can.
- If possible, run toward crowded places.
- If the attacker demand money, purse or valuable things, give it without restraining. Don’t risk your life.
- Do not leave sidewalks or busy roads when you are being followed or about to be attacked.
- Drink carefully and don’t get drunk.
- Always stay focused.